Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Rights of beneficiaries

A parent dies and leaves the house to their children. Another family member lived with the deceased, but now has been asked to move by the beneficiaries, because the house must be sold to repay a reverse mortgate on the house. The family member is upset and refuses to move and insists that they can live on the property until it is sold. We have been told that this family member has confered with an attorney. What are the rights of the beneficiaries in this case?

Asked on 4/02/09, 12:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip Lemmons, Esq. Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Rights of beneficiaries

Was there a will or trust? If so read the document. Does this person have the right to remain. If not, the presonal representative or trustee should evict him/her.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/09, 1:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now