California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

just got served with eviction summons for current month of July 2011 failure to pay though I was living my last month...not to mention still have security total of 5k rent 2.5k notified mgmt co. 38days ago never received a response assumed all ok till got first verbal threat 1 1/2wk ago and a 3day notice. Have been a model tenant paying every 3wks or 1wk ahead of due date, maintaining the property and have 2 special needs children. Just bought new home moving 7/31 and have received numerous letters of recommendation for outstanding tenancy/payment history from the same mgmt company. Lease expired 11/1/2009. Never renewed, verbal agreement was continue to pay and upkeep as usual let me know ahead of time when you are ready to leave.

Answered on: 7/26/11, 8:34 pm by Isi Mataele

They have to serve you with an unlawful detainer action to remove you and then there will be a trial if you oppose it. You have to fight it if you do not owe it.

'Isi Mataele Attorney at Law 4660 La Jolla Village Drive Suite 500 San Diego, CA 92122