Legal Question in Disability Law in California

In California, what if I hit a car with my car, we didn't call the police or insurance companies, and there is no witnesses. All we did was exchange phone numbers and email addresses. If he gets a quote for minor repairs to the bumper, am I legally obligated to pay him?

Asked on 3/14/13, 12:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you caused the damage through your negligence, you should compensate the owner of the other vehicle for the repair. If you intend to submit it to your insurance carrier, you should do so immediately, since carriers don't like their insureds to delay reporting accidents. There always is a "cooperation" clause in insurance policies. (Is there a reason this is under the category of "disability discrimination law"?)

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 4:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now