California  |  Disability Law

I have severe sleep apnea and use a Cpap machine along with several other medical conditions. I originally went out on medical leave at the end of October 2012 for a nervous breakdown do to fatque an stress and have been under Doctors care since. I went back to work in March 2013 on a modified work schedule of 4 hours a day 5 days a and at the end of June I was told by my employer that they could no longer accomodate my modified schedule.

I was told by the disability manager that it would be in my best interest to go out on full time disability. On that note I inquired about Medical and Regular retirement because I am unsure how to take care of myself and family and it seems that they are pushing me to make a . And now that I am on full tme disability for the time being on August 1st will no longer be able to afford my insurance and don't know if I will be able to get my medications or see my Doctor.

Can the legally do this?