Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

Filed bankruptcy 3 yrs ago still making payments on my house. Mortgage company refuses to give me any accounting of monies i have sent to them. Can they do that??

Asked on 10/08/13, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Avanesian Avanesian Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. They are scared that by giving you an accounting, they will somehow violate the stay. (Basically, some hot shot attorney at a bank who didn't know how the law works came up with this rule and everyone follows it.)

You can ask for a qualified written request.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 10:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now