California  |  Business Law

I am having a bit of a problem with a mechanic that dismantled my motorcycle and owes my around 3,000 dollars worth of parts that he did not put into the motorcycle nor did he return the money. I am looking for a bit of help with this problem the mechanic doesn't answer my calls either when I try to contact him. The mechanic owes me my brand new still in its box battery I have his name, the name of his business, an also his trucks license plate which I acquired when he delivered the motorcycle in pieces (the motor). What can I do against this man?

Answered on: 6/29/13, 11:52 pm by Lyle Johnson

The amount that he owes you is low enough to sue him in small claims court. You would include the cost of the battery in the list of damages. Most of the courts have a small claims advisory panel that will assist you in the preparation of your casel. Also if he is licensed as mechanic by California you could file a claim with the DMV. They may be able to help in getting him to pay the amount due

Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law 152 N. Third Street, Suite 550 San Jose, CA 95112

Answered on: 7/07/13, 12:59 am by Terry A. Nelson

This is what small claims court is for.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648