Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

Katherine, my adult son has a 5150 on his medical record from 2009, in California. Is there a statute of limitations and can it prevent him from getting a job?

Asked on 8/05/13, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

'Records' are forever, and yes, it will likely affect his employ-ability with at least some employers and some industries. No, it is not 'discrimination' to refuse him a job because of that record.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/13, 4:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now