Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I damaged the bumper on a rental vehicle that has a damage waiver vaguely printed on the back of the rental contract. According to Ca Civ. Code 1936 the rental company is also required to post that policy within clear sight of the customer, and orally explain that policy. If the rental company fails to meet those obligations, could I be cleared of liability for the damage?

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

I am not sure what you mean damage waiver vaguely printed on the back. A damage waiver is what you purchase so you don't pay for the damage. I have rented from most of the major rental car companies over the past couple of years. Every time I rent a car I have to initial the contract and affirmatively decline the damage waiver.. Look at your contract closely it may have that... Your own car insurance may pay for the damage and many credit cards have that coverage... Without seeing the actual rental contract I am only guessing

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You should call your insurance company and let them handle this. I also do not fully understand the question but knowing you damaged the car, this should be covered by your insurance.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Consumer Law Legal Forms