California  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/06/13, 3:50 pm

My dry cleaner closed down with no notice and my clothes are locked in his building. They are very expensive clothes and I need to get them back. What do I file with the court to allow me to enter and retrieve them?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/07/13, 10:24 pm by Robert F. Cohen

Before you file anything, why not contact the business owner and/or the building owner both by phone and in writing (keep a copy) to try to get back your clothing? Then you would have a stronger case if you have to go to court.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Robert F. Cohen P.O. Box 15896 San Francisco, CA 94115-0896

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search