Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

i gave some one some money for a job, that did not happen.

i gave cash in advance and he held the money for a number of months, about 7 or so, now i cant do the work after all, and need to get all the cash back.

however they wont give it back, since all of a sudden he does not respond to my phone calls or e mails or texts.

do i have a recourse?

it was an interior decorator, i have given him 13,000. cash, because when i gave the money he was basically a kind of a ''freind'' i got no reciept when i handed him the cash.

now he will not return my calls at all, can i call the police or what should i do ?

Asked on 9/06/13, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is not a police matter. You can sue in small claims and write some off or hire an attorney to sue... You may get some response if you have an attorney send a letter. Many of us ere can do that

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now