California  |  Credit and Debt Law

My name is Ernie Im the administrator at my church. We have a young lady that was making payments to the owner of a vehicle in order to pay it off. The young lady was in procession of the vehicle as she made the payments and the owner was in procession of the title. The young lady has e-mails out lining the deal and bank statements showing payments being made.The owner is now asking for the vehicle back. They have nothing signed. The the young lady have any ground to stand on to keep the vehicle?

Thanks Ernie

Answered on: 6/13/13, 10:39 pm by John Laurie

Should have an attorney take a look at all the e mails and any other documents in order to give proper advice. I see you are in Bakersfield. The local bar association should be able to help you find someone in your area.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 6/14/13, 9:10 am by Carl Starrett

The emails and other communications might constitute a binding contract. However, she should review this matter with a local consumer protection attorney. Most will give a free or low cost consultation.

Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II 1941-C Friendship Drive El Cajon, CA 92020-1144