Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

What is the form, or how do I ask, for discovery on my credit card history?

This is a limited civil case under $25K. The Plaintiff is a Calif. law office that says they represent the CC company. I am going to a case management conference in less than two week.

This CC was only one that would not work with me when I became young widow 9 years ago.

Asked on 5/13/13, 6:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Simons Law Office of Steven A. Simons
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are two schools of thought here - 1) Make them produce what they have so you can try and block what they bring to trial later; 2) don't ask and wait until just before trial so they do not have time to gather any documents. I am not sure you want to ask them for the documents since it would force them to go out and get the documents. But that is a decision you can make. If you really want to see what they have you can prepare a Request for Production pursuant California Code of Civil Procedure section 2031.010 et seq. Or you can wait until 30-45 days before trial and serve a demand pursuant to CCP section 96.

Good luck,


Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 8:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now