California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/17/13, 8:04 am

I wrote a bad check back in 2001 for a down payment for a car. I was just given a wage garnishment paper from this collection agency for the bad check I wrote over 12 years ago. Is that even legal?? I was under the assumption that it would drop off 7-10 years

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search