Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

A friend got arrested the other night for evading arrest in Califonia . He has a court date in November. We are supposed to go on vacation next week to Florida and his ticket says he can't leave the state. Is there any way he can still travel? Does he have to notify the court?

Asked on 9/13/13, 9:54 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sounds like he has some sort of pre trial release. If the conditions say no travel which by the way seem reasonable based on an evading charge, then no travel.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 10:10 pm
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, he is not supposed to travel out of the state and there is probably no possibility of ever getting an exception from the judge within one week of your planned trip.

He shouldn't travel. He can get in some serious legal trouble if he does and gets caught.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/13, 8:20 am
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He can hire an attorney who can go in and try to get the judges permission.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/13, 10:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now