California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/20/13, 9:09 am

I have court-ordered control of property held in joint-tenancy by my ex husband and me. The divorce was bifurcated 7 years ago, and still he has not agreed to a property settlement. It's necessary to sell the property, but he wants more money than its worth. I want to sell half of the property to potential tenants in common, with us holding the other half, 1/4 apiece. Can this be done? Do lenders allow a mortgage to be taken out for a tenants-in-common situation such as my buyers propose?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search