Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex-husband and I separated primarily due to our disagreements regarding our baby's healthcare. He is against vaccination and pharmaceuticals, instead he believes in natural immunity and homeopathic medicine. My doctor advices that I follow the immunization schedule to protect my child against diseases that can be fatal at his young age. My baby's father has already expressed that he won't let me go to the doctor appointments on my own and I know that his intention is to prevent the doctor from administering the shots. I'm really concerned at this point because I feel that he is putting my son's health at risk. What are my chances to winning sole legal custody given our situation?

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D .Kock APLC

If your doctor is willing to prepare and sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that your sons health is at risk if he does not get these shots, you may have a good chance of getting an order granting you sole legal custody to make medical decisions for the child.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California