California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/26/13, 4:40 am

If I have to leave work in order to handle emergency issues at home created by my wayward 18 year old, can I claim the lost wages and sick leave time in small claims court against him in a counter suit?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/26/13, 8:46 am by Phillip Wheeler

Can you sue your son that is 18? Yes. However, the costs involved would probably cost more than the money to obtain...unless you have an extremely high paying job. Not sure how the judge will react either. This is just my opinion. I need a few more facts.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- P.O. BOX 665 Morro Bay, CA 93443-0665

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search