California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/18/06, 10:10 pm

Medical Insurance

My ex-husband was court ordered many years ago to provide insurance for our children. He did this for a few years, then one day he notified me that he could no longer afford to carry medical insurance. I was able to add the children to my policy, and made an agreement with him to pay the difference. He did this for several months, and then just stopped. I got another court order for him to pay me for this insurance and he has not done so on a regular basis. What can I do to collect back and current reimbursement? I collect my child support through the Office of Child Support Services. They tell me they can not collect the medical insurance payment.

Thank you!

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/19/06, 4:42 pm by KATHIE SIMMONS

Re: Medical Insurance

You may file a contempt of court motion in the child support case. Serve it on Father and on the department. You should be able to get some action that way. I don't understand why they don't simply add the cost of insurance to the dissomaster and have it become "additional child support". That they can collect.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

KATHIE SIMMONS 100 E ST STE 204 Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search