California  |  Family Law

Medical Insurance

My ex-husband was court ordered many years ago to provide insurance for our children. He did this for a few years, then one day he notified me that he could no longer afford to carry medical insurance. I was able to add the children to my policy, and made an agreement with him to pay the difference. He did this for several months, and then just stopped. I got another court order for him to pay me for this insurance and he has not done so on a regular basis. What can I do to collect back and current reimbursement? I collect my child support through the Office of Child Support Services. They tell me they can not collect the medical insurance payment.

Thank you!

Answered on: 4/19/06, 4:42 pm by KATHIE SIMMONS

Re: Medical Insurance

You may file a contempt of court motion in the child support case. Serve it on Father and on the department. You should be able to get some action that way. I don't understand why they don't simply add the cost of insurance to the dissomaster and have it become "additional child support". That they can collect.

KATHIE SIMMONS 100 E ST STE 204 Santa Rosa, CA 95404