Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am a 26 year old Canadian Citizen. I studied at UCLA Extension in the International Trade and Commerce program beginning Sept. 2013, and went on OPT once the program was complete. I am now working as an Account Coordinator for a digital advertising agency in Los Angeles, California. My F1 student visa which has become a work visa with OPT will end the end of July 2014. What are my options for staying in the US and working after that date? I believe there is the option of sponsorship, but I am unaware of whether or not this company will sponsor me. What kinds of businesses sponsor Canadians regularly? For what positions? What other options do I have? I very much look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you have a Bachelor's Degree, then you can consider the H-1B visa (filing begins April 1, 2014 for a start date of October 1, 2014) or a TN visa. These types of employment based visas depend on your degree (major), the U.S. employer/petitioner, & the position being offered. These issues are too detailed & case-specific to address in this type of forum. Feel free to email my office if you seek further inquiry into this matter. However, without a potential U.S. employer/sponsor, there is not much you can do.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California