California  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/19/13, 5:05 pm

I'm from California and my fiance is from the Netherlands. We have been together for 5 years and have visit each other frequently. We plan to get married this summer in June. We are ready to start our lives together in the United States and take the next step. I heard the Marry Visa would be the best option for our circumstance and I would love to know if it is. I heard we need to file a CR-1 document for the marriage visa, but I'm not sure what else we need. I would also appreciate if you could tell me what documents were required and how long it would take. I heard to file the documents, you must be working for a year and I was wondering if that was true. My fiance will be staying here for a few months to visit me and then go back to the Netherlands while we await the process.

Thank you in advance!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search