Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

hi i am citizen appying for my husband adjustment of status. my husband is already in us came on B-2 visa overstayed since then he hasent really worked in jus just did odd handyman jobs.

we have been married for 5 years i just got my citizenship. my question is when filling out the form I-130 where it says name and address of your current employer and the date when employment began.

as my huband is just handy man he doesnt have fied employers just paid in cash as works very little that to not everyweek.

so what should i put in as answer for those to questions as i dont want to leave them blank

as well as on his bigraphic form G-325a 5 years employment history.

thanks

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Since I am not representing you in this matter, I really cannot "tell" you how to complete the form. However, if a person is self-employed, they can state so in any field that asks for an employer's name, and use their home address as the address of employment. If they are not employed, then they can state that instead.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California