Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

experience for labor and H1B renewal

Hi Everybody, I have 2 questions and would appreciate any responses:

1. My company plans to apply for labor certification for me. I was in the final semester of bachelors when I started working, worked full time for 2 yrs and the completed my final semester. After that I did a masters in the same field. Given the situation,could my 2yrs exp be considered valid towards the required 2 yrs exp. for the job my company's is applying labor for.

2.When I apply for renewal of H1B (working for same company) after the first three years have been completed on the current H1B, would I fall into to the new H1B cap of 65,000 like a fresh applicant.

Thanks in advance.


Asked on 11/24/04, 12:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Myron Morales Lee Lane Smith LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: experience for labor and H1B renewal

1. Normally it is not a good idea to rely on experience gained before you obtained a bachelor's degree.

2. No, you will not be subject to the cap.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/24/04, 2:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now