Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Hi ,

Currently i am in India.

Case : I have both b1/b2 and Unused H1B visa stamped (Stamped on September 2013), valid through October 2016.

i) For family reasons i want to travel to US on B2 tourist visa for a week during October 1st week and return back to India.

Question :- Now since i am traveling on B2 ,will my H1B stamped gets cancelled .

Will there be any problems to H1b Visa during return to US after a while.

ii) During the week on November i wish to travel on H1B .

Question :- Whats are the legal ,immigration problem which is foreseen .

I can niether push by B2 travel to november or cant travell on H1B before November because i have to serve 30 days notice with current employer.

Asked on 9/15/13, 8:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are not required to work for the H-1B employer if the employment opportunity is terminated. However, if you choose to enter on the H-1B, you are required to immediately start working for the H-1B petitioner.

If you plan on traveling on the B-2 in October, you might want to consider obtaining a letter from the H-1B employer first, addressing the delayed start in employment (just in case CBP questions you). You should be discussing that issue with the Attorney who filed the I-129 on behalf of the employer, though.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 10:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now