Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am a student with an F1 visa in the states. I first came as a student on Feb 2012 with F1 visa with 1.5 year term for the language school and got transferred to Jr collage for prep on undergraduate degree. Most recently I went back to Turkey and extended my F1 visa till 2016 in June. Now I am back in states and waiting to start the Jr collage next week. Very recently, I got married to a US Citizen.

My question is, do I need to keep my international student status after applying for I-485(will apply next week) and waiting for the processing or can I unenroll from the school while I am waiting for acceptance on her greencard? If I do is there a risk? if so what is the risk?

The reason I am asking is because if I keep going to school with my international student status I will pay 10x higher school rate instead of resident rate. I still plan on going to school after I am considered as resident.

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Once you apply for your adjustment, you do not need to maintain F-1 status in order to remain inside the United States. You can remain in the U.S. until your adjustment of status interview.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL