California  |  Insurance Law

So i've have insurance and recently i was in a car accident (hit and run) not my fault. anyways the day of the accident i took my car to the local body shop to get it fixed so i contacted my insurance company and they set-up the claim and inspection date. all good. Then Two days later they call me and say that my insurance policy was cancelled two weeks ago and that they have sent a letter regarding this (which honestly i didn't receive) they said it was due to not sending in my drivers license so it wasnt due to payment.i have the phone call recoreded when i first purchased the insurance and the agent said "your all set and insuranced now"

i was wondering if its possible to sue them and if i would have a winning chance? because they havent notified me and i was paying every month and just like that out of the blue they say thhey cancelled it??

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 6/13/13, 10:01 pm by Armen Tashjian

You should definitely she this scummy insurance company. Feel free to contact my office if youhave questions.

Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian 6311 Wilshire Blvd., Second Floor Los Angeles, CA 90048

Answered on: 6/13/13, 11:42 pm by John Laurie

We would be interested in reviewing your case. You may feel free to call my office at 818 345 0123 to set up an appointment. I would want to see any and all documents. When you say the call was recorded, I hope you had permission to record this call assuming it was not a message left on your voice mail. Also I am confused as to why they would want to see your physical license, normally they should only ask for you license number which they need to give you a quote.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 6/14/13, 8:41 pm by Phillip Wheeler

You need to contact an attorney A.S.A.P. ANY ATTORNEY! You are being wronged in my opinion. The insurance company is acting in bad faith and probably breaking many ethical insurance rules.

Get a lawyer that offers a free consultation.

DISCLAIMER: This is general information only and based upon limited information. Facts that could change the outcome have not been evaluated. This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of a retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com P.O. BOX 665 Morro Bay, CA 93443-0665