Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Does my employer have the right to stop paying for a hotel for me when I am required to work out of town for more than one day? Also can he tell me I am no longer to drive my own vehicle, but instead ride back & forth every day with him or another crew member in a vehicle he will provide? He's agreed to pay travel time, but its a set amount of time for each destination & he's only going to pay one way, not both. My son is special needs, and I don't want to be out of town and not able to get back to him if anything happens.

Asked on 5/21/13, 6:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Existing CA law does not require an employer to even offer any benefits whatsoever. As long as your boss is treating all the other employees the same, it appears you have minimal justification to complain.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 8:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now