California  |  Employment Law

Iím experiencing harassment, discrimination and retaliation from my boss. He has been making comments about my personal life, appearance and texting me after work like ďmiss me?Ē sending pictures of himself etc. I have told him many times to stop. If I donít text back he becomes very hostile and demeaning to me about my looks and performance. He threatens me that I better be scared of him and if I file anything he will make sure I never work in my field again. Iíve reported the threats to another supervisor and he said he only threatens me because he wants me to be obedient. Recently he has had some claims filed against him. He kept asking if I was on his side and offered to buy me things. I told him I donít want to be involved and now he has taken away my job duties and is extremely hostile towards me daily. It has come to a point where I am having nightmares, canít sleep and I feel my body canít take anymore. I called in sick on Friday because I couldnít stop crying, shaking or catch my breath. What can I do?

Answered on: 6/09/13, 11:55 pm by Charles Perry

You need to speak directly to an employee-side employment lawyer about your situation, in terms of your legal remedies. It is not possible to provide specific advice as to a person's situation in a public, non-confidential forum like this.

I also realize that this may sound unfair because the situation is not your fault, but it may be that part of your solution is to find another job.

Best of luck to you.

Law Offices of Charles R. Perry 1500 Bayberry Street Hollister, 95023

Answered on: 6/10/13, 9:19 am by Kristine Karila

Call an employment law attorney to discuss. If the harassment is sexual in nature (comments about your appearance, etc., you may have a sexual harassment case if the conduct is severe or pervasive.

Law Office of Kristine S. Karila 9891 Irvine Center Dr., Ste. 200 Irvine, CA 92618

Answered on: 6/10/13, 4:29 pm by John Laurie

You need to see an attorney in your area. Based upon what you said you have a case that is worth exploring.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356