Legal Question in Employment Law in California

My father used to work for a company that had him working with hazardous chemicals without the proper equipment. He is not a citizen but is here legally. He doesn't know if he will getinto any trouble for reporting his coughing to his doctor. I'd like to know if he would risk deportation for coming forward, and we would like to know our legal options. Thank you

Asked on 12/30/12, 8:24 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He is covered under worker's compensation laws. The fact that he is not a citizen or undocumented worker fmakes no difference. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultatation.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/12, 11:17 am
Robert Worth Law Offices of Robert J. Worth
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He may also be a whistleblower for reporting unhealthy working conditions. Workers reporting a dangerous/toxic working condition that effects other employes' health are protected and any retaliation would be evidence of a wrongful termination. I hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/12, 3:34 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He could not be deported if he is here legally. Plus, no retaliation is allowed against him for reporting safety issues or illegal conduct. Report it not only to his doctor but to Cal-OSHA and EPA now, do not wait. If he is in any way retaliated against, contact me. He should also consult with a local WCAB attorney if the doctor says he has health issues from on job exposure.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/12, 10:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now