Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I got hired for a seasonal job at target and got let go on wednesday 5th, 2012. today is thursday 13th, 2012 i still have not recieved my last paycheck. am i entitled to any extra pay? they have told me it will go into my bank account through direct deposit, another person told me it was at the store and i can pick it up and now im being told it will come in the mail. i have been patient as ever, they seem to keep leading me on.

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

If you were discharged, then you should have been paid on the day of your discharge. If you resigned, then your employer had 72 hours to pay you.

An employee not timely paid his final wages is entitled to certain penalties under Labor Code Section 203. If you believe you have a claim for penalties and want to enforce it (or if you do not get paid your final wages), you can file a claim either in small claims court or before the Labor Commissioner.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms