California  |  Employment Law

I was recently hired for a software QA job by a consulting firm in Az to working Minnesota. A criminal background check shows a year old misdemeanor for resisting arrest. You know obstruction/resisting/interfering with a peace officer. I explained this on the application. Based on this the offer was reascended. I am wondering what recourse I have in this case. Why should a year old non-violent non-theft misdemeanor for which there is nothing pending bar me from employment. I will write to the company and ask this very question.

Additionally, I was to subcontracted to a major company IBM. My sense is that the company that was doing the hiring CDI is telling IBM thAt i am not fit for employment using the words that adverse information was returned from a criminal background check.

what I want is to be hired. And o have CDI stop telling people that adverse information was returned from a criminal background check. The phrase "adverse information" is ambiguous and in my case makes things sound worse than they really are. I.e, in the absence of any other explanation "adverse information might be interpreted as a string of felonies.