Legal Question in Legal Ethics in California

I signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement for my last job as a legal assistant and I contacted my employer who told me that because I signed this NDA, I can't even put on my resume that I worked at this company. What can I legally put on my resume and LinkedIn? I know that the NDA means I can't disclose information of what I did, but does it really mean I can't put down the company name and have a brief summary of what I did?

First of all, this is not a legal ethics question. This category is for people to ask questions about the law that governs licensed attorneys who practice law in California.

What you can or cannot do pursuant to Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) depends on the NDA itself? Is it really that so broadly worded? Maybe you should consult with an attorney and have her or him review the NDA and advise you.

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in California