Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

In 1987 my Mom received radiation treatment for her breast cancer. A couple of weeks ago my Mom experienced a sudden loss of breath and chest pains. She was admitted to the Emergency Room where tests determined that she had experienced a heart attack. She has never had a drink or smoked in her life and was very active and has not had any heart conditions. Subsequent in depth tests conducted by the Cardiologist determined that the cause of the attack was due to the radiation treatment that she had received in 1987. The manner and area in which it was administered caused my Mom's heart arteries and veins to calcify over the years. She had to have double bypass surgery a few days afterwards. My question is whether she would have a cause of action for medical malpractice or negligence against the doctor who administered the radiation therapy.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

No.

Even if she once had a valid claim, which is not evident from your text, the statutes of limitations ran out years ago.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California