California  |  Medical Malpractice

Cancer "missed" by OBGYN

After the delivery of my Son, I went to my OBGYN complaining of pain and discomfort. A cyst-like mass was found and removed Lapriscopically(sp) , a DNC was performed and removed tissues were "tested" for Cancer. ( None found). Weeks later, I return to doctor complaining of other symptoms. Bleeding, discharge, pain. He basically dismisses me , I return, he says it's just normal "after baby" issues. He sends me to Urologist ( even though there were no signs of a urological disorder) The urologist agrees to an ultrasound. (after I tell him how long the issues are going on) Within 48 hours I am looking at my Cervix which is 80% covered in Cancer! No time for less invasive treatment, no time to save some of my eggs, emergency Hysterectomy at the age of 31. I contacted a lawyer, they said that at the time, I wasn't sick enough to have a case. Since then, I lost my job due to missing work during Chemo, my body has permanent nerve damage, and worse of all, I'll never be able to have sex again. Ever. My vagina is fused. The emotional damage alone is catastrophic, but the physical damage..is heartbreaking for my husband and myself. Is there any recourse? Please advise, please.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.