Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

person hit with a golf ball who lives on a golf course? who is responsible for damages?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

There aren't enough facts here to say for sure. Where exactly was the person standing when he got hit (on the golf course, or on his own property)? Obviously you'd be looking at the player, but also maybe the owner of the golf course. Are the injuries very serious? If so, give me a call and I will be glad to discuss it. (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367) or email michael@thelionslaw.com

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

I believe there is an "assumption of the risk" defense. If you have a home by a golf course, expect broken windows, dented cars, and golf balls in the head. This is my opinion, and other attorneys might differ.

Good luck.

Robert Worth Law Offices of Robert J. Worth

There is what is called primary assumption of the risk for participating in a sporting activity. For the property owner to be held liable that owner must done something negligently that increased the risk of harm. If that occurs then you get to secondary assumption of the risk and there may be liability. To be clear, primary assumption of the risk is a defense to liability for the premises owner and probably the golfer who hit the ball.be mindful that there is a 2 yearj statute of limitations to file a lawsuit to protect a claim. I hope this helps

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California