California  |  Real Estate Law

I had a commercial listing (California) that did not sell and expired 1 month ago. I Received only 1 offer, it was low, and we countered at full price. The transaction did not progress from there. Last week I gave notice to move my license to a new brokerage, have filled out the paperwork and plan to turn it in to new brokerage tomorrow. Today I received an email from agent representing that buyer wanting to negotiate again for the purchase of the building. If I transfer my license in the next day or two, as I have been planning to do, do I have any financial obligation to the broker I originally had the listing with?

The seller, has not wanted to relist the property, but said he will pay commission if I put deal together. Would it make a difference to have a new listing contract immediately upon moving my license?

Thanks,