California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/13/13, 10:35 am

my father passed and my uncle is trying to take my home. there is a joint tenancy grant deed in which i was added to in jan2013. on one copy my name is correct and the other the last half of my name is left off. what rights do i have to keep my home? how do i fix this so my uncle cant take it away from me? i was the sole caretaker of my father for 11 yrs with no outside help from family or anyone else. now my uncle is trying to get me out of the house ive been living in and my father has been paying the property taxes on since 1960. my uncle hasnt paid a dime towards this property but feels entitled to take it for whatever its worth and leave me high and dry and out on the street. two ther family memebers names are on the deed as well but they both have passed. the family it was passed onto has agreed to give their shares to me. how do i correct the misspelling of my name and get my uncle off my back? im in need of immediate help. please contact me asap.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search