Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

If I am making a left turn into a private driveway, am I allowed to cross a solid double yellow line AND the left turn pocket for the opposite side of the road? Here is a diagram of what I mean:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9290/trafficf.jpg Thanks for your help.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Scott Brear Law Practice of Scott Irvin Brear

You must always consider that the legal effect of a double-double yellow line is the equivalent of a concrete wall. You can NOT cross it unless breaks are shown in the double yellow on the side you wish to enter. The general meaning of a single double yellow line is to warn against passing another car. There is generally no proviso that one can not ever cross a double yellow line to make what would otherwise be a legal left turn. Now, with the turn pocket there, you still have no more yellow lines providing guidance. What you have is guidance lines to channel to turning car, but i would suggest that there is no outright reason why you turning across this pocket to enter a drive on the other side is prohibited UNLESS this turn could be considered too close to the turn pocket intersection? If that was not mentioned, then I fail to see a case by the police.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California