Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mother made a revokable trust in it it states "I direct that my estate shall be added to and administered and distributed as part of that Trust. it is not my intent to create a separate trust by this Will or to subject the Trust or the property added to it by this Will to the probate court except to the extent provided for in the Trust or in Division 9 of the California Probate Code at Sections 15000,et.seq. There is also a Prohibited Disclosures which states and in no event shall any such accounting be delivered to any issue (living children) of the Settler (My mother) or to any other person who might be or become a beneficiary under this Trust. How would I obtain a copy of the Trust that I think my mother added her estate to. She has died and I am a beneficiary

Asked on 6/26/10, 9:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are a beneficiary to a living trust, and your mother has died, the trustee is required to serve you with a noticepursuant to California Probate Code section 16061.7, subdivision (a)(1). If you are a beneficiary, you are entitled to a copy of the trust, and normally, this statement is included in the notice. I suggest contacting the trustee, or the attorney for the trustee.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/10, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now