California  |  Workers Comp

I am a Exempt Emplyee that has been put on w/c restrictions by the doctor which include only four hour work days. My emplyer has now classified me as being on partial leave reducing my pay and benefits vacation accrual and sick time to 50%. Is this legal? The policy under the w/c here reads: Workers Compensation and Transitional Return to Work Program, "Employees on Worker" compensation do not accrue additional vacation or sick time benefits while on leave. Accrual of time begins once the employee returns to work, but is not retroactive. Well, I return to work everyday because I work four to five hours so, how can I be considered on leave instead of work restrictions or modification? Thank you for your reply.

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.