California  |  Workers Comp

My question is one of our manager hurt his shoulder helping one of his employees lift a part. He reported the injury and was sent to industrial health clinic. He was given over the counter medication and wore a sling for a week. (is this considered first aid) My supervisor then ask me to call the clinic and request an MRI and still keep it a first aid. The clinic said this was not normal protical and they needed an authorization from claims adjuster. No claim had been submitted since this was first aid and my supervisor wanted to pay the bill with her company credit card. Is this ethical and shouldn't this have been reported. I know usually you would need a follow up visit and a discharge visit to explain the finding of the MRI.

I understand an MRI is diagnostic and and not osha recordable but shouldn't have reported this to the workers comp carrier with a DWC form?

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.