Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

I have a support question, my ex is being forced to retire from the military,i get support put into my account once a month automatically, i never have to ask him for it, unless he goes to file a motion to change the amount i get for child support and alimony does he have to keep paying the same to me as the agreement says? and he will be working full time soon for a window company in MA.that my sister is the manager for and she will be writing his check out weekly, will i have to start all over again to get it withholding which can take about two months from my past experience with the State?

Asked on 8/22/13, 1:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It all depends on whether his income changes. If it does, substantially, then he needs to modify the last order.

A new withholding order will have to be entered for it to come out of his check at the window company.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 4:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now