Connecticut  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/30/13, 1:27 pm

I have a blight question, i am the deed of my old home with my ex, but not on the mortgage, my ex hasn't made a payment in over a year and never moved back in after i moved out which i thought he would so the house is vacant, he has exclusive possession of the house, i am not allowed near the property, and the bank told me they have no intention as of now to take over the house, which i was shocked, neibours are complaining on the town's website in Enfield to please fix it up yesurday , the lawn is long and a run down pool in the back, which i don't blame them, i asked my divorce attorney to please get me off the deed house months ago, but since the divorce is over now i can't get much help anymore from his office, he told me i cannot be held responsible, can i get fined still being half owner? is there anyway i can get myself off the house before the town comes after me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search