Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

I sold my business in Florida which was a Florida LLC. I have a signed agreement and have been paid. Aside from resigning as a member what else to I need to do? How do I remove my name from the lease for business space? Can the landlord refuse to remove my name?

Junilla Sledziewski The JJS Law Firm, P.L.

There are a number of steps involved when you sell a business, and they will vary based on the nature of your business. There may be tax consequences as well.

With respect to the lease, it will depend on the terms of the original lease and whether you are permitted to assign the lease to another person or entity. Is the lease in your name, or the name of your LLC?

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

This could have been resolved before you sold. If the LLC signed the lease, your name means nothing unless you guaranteed payment. Your name should be removed from the LLC filing with the Department of Corporations.

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida

Business Law Legal Forms