Florida  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/29/13, 10:16 pm

I want to ask about a subpoena a credit card attorney is sueing me a subpoena was handed to me the lawyer wants me to go to the court house and do a deposition at a certain time and date does the attorney have this much power or does he have to get a judge to sign off on the subpoena and will I be in contempt of court if I do not show I live in broward county florida

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/30/13, 3:44 am by David Slater

An attorney can serve a notice for deposition. If you fail to appear, he can obtain a court order to compel you to appear.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search