Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/05/11, 3:03 am

I was accused of a crime I did not commit, therefore there is no evidence of that crime. But at my trial, The evidence essential to my defense was supressed by the very public defender assigned to represent me. For example, I have ample evidence that my accuser lied to the police in his sworn statement, as well as the police incident report. It is only because of those lies that a summons was issued.

There are also three documents wherein my accuser admits that I committed no crime. And yet, let the State's Attorney paint a picure of me as an unstable, armed stalker. My PD lied to me. He

lied to the jury.

I was found guilty, even in the absence of a single shred of evidence. But because my PD did not challenge the lack of evidence, I was found guilty. I suspect he was compensated for betraying the trust of a client (me).

My PD must have underestimated me for he was sloppy and did not cover his tracks well. I can prove that he betrayed me. Iis the Florida Bar the only place to have him disciplined/disbarred?

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/06/11, 3:51 pm by Craig Epifanio

Yes you can report him to the bar. However, the most important thing is that you exercise your right to appeal. Your PD must file the notice of appeal if you request it. There are strict time limits so do that and then you can deal with the bar.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Craig Epifanio, P.A. 5445 16th Street N St Petersburg, FL 33703

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search