Florida  |  Criminal Law

Would the record of an arrest and plea of nolo contendere for pot possession 38 years ago be in the NCIC's database?

It happened in Alabama. The amount of pot was very small, I paid a fine of $250 and I was told the case would be expunged after a period, maybe 3 years. But I am curious if a record of the arrest or even the expungement would still be in the NCIC's database.

Answered on: 5/08/13, 6:48 am by Joseph Justice

The only way to be certain would be to actually run the records. When they are that old it can vary massively. It may not appear, it may appear with almost no information regarding it (as in no indication about conviction or sentence) or it may appear in correct detail. I found old cases from more urban places tend to show up where more rural records were never added to the system. You can contact FDLE and run a background check on yourself to be certain.

The Justice Law Firm 6739 Land O lakes Blvd Land O Lakes, FL 34639