Florida  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/06/13, 10:04 pm

I live in Duval county FL. I have a friend who lives here and has 2 warrants on file in Tennessee. One is a capias for failure to pay dui fines and the other is a violation of probation. Since moving to Jacksonville he has been arrested a few times even got another dui in Pasco county.

The warrants in TN are only for TN so he feels as long as he stays away he is good. He said he will never pay those fines or do anything to take care of them. He doesn't care about the warrnats because he knows no matter what he does in Jacksonville they will never send him back. It is so frustrating that he wont man up.

Is there a law or something, that given all these other arrest in FL that TN will change the warrants from being just for that state to include FL. That way he can be sent back to TN to face what he has run away from? The next time he gets in trouble they will show up and the police will send him back to TN.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search