Florida  |  Elder Law

Hi! My husband is having memory problems, and I was told to have a General Power of Attorney. I was looking in the internet and found the legal document called Durable Power of Attorney. It looks like This Durable Power of Attorney is the one I need.

Because this Durable Power of Attorney will be issued to me by my husband, I just want to be sure that the following sentence that is included in this document does not affects me in reference with the benefits as his wife: "The power granted to my Agent by this pser-of-attorney are limited to the extent necessary to prevent (a) my income to be taxable to my Agent; (b) my Agent to have any rights or ownership with respect to any life insurance policies I may own on the life of my Agent; and/or (c) my assets to be subject to a general power of appointment by my Agent".

I want to add that all our assets and financial matters are in both our name.