Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

"my brother is currently in charge of my father's money (power of attorney) after my mother died a year ago. Dad is in assisted living but is of sound mind. He wants to take back charge of his money and allow me to administer it now. My brother has refused to hand it over to both my father or me. what do i do?

Asked on 5/14/13, 6:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Need new POA revoking prior.

Read more
5/14/13, 6:14 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He needs to execute a new POA and revoke the old one. If the brother refuses to cooperate you may need to initiate litigation with a lawyer to stop him.

Read more
5/15/13, 3:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now