Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I live in florida and had two children with a female that was married to someone else. She will not let me see the kids unless I give her what she wants at the moment. Im also concern that one of the kids might not be mine biologically eventhough I signed the birth certificate. What rights do I have as a father in florida? She has a record also and DCF has been involved with an abuse case regarding a child she had with her husband that she has not seen for more than 3 years? Please help! any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Asked on 9/05/13, 1:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Under FL law the name of the husband gets put on the birth certificate. If they are still married then you have to intervene and file a petition with the court to enforce your rights.

Read more
9/05/13, 2:04 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Start a paternity proceeding to determine if you are the father.

Read more
9/05/13, 2:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now